Sunday, March 30, 2014

Watercolor Wonder"ful" Week

Hello and welcome to another Monday Montage blog hop. For the next several days I'll be sharing some hand-crafted projects featuring the Watercolor Wonder DSP and notecards.
My first card is backed with a multi-colored chevron pattern paper from the Watercolor Wonder pack of DSP.  The focal point is a Calypso Coral card stock bloom made with the Spriral Flower Die run through the Big Shot.

Quick Tip:  Assemble flower and then pound, smash, and flatten the petals open with a small ball peen hammer.

Quick Tip #2:  Curl the bakers twine by pulling the ends between your finger nails.
My second card is made with one of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Notecards.  If you have not picked up a pack of these beauties--it's time.  The weight and feel of the cards is so appealing.  I simply added a greeting from Everyday Occasions which I heat embossed with White Embossing Powder and cropped with one of the Chalk Talk Framelits.

Do come back later tomorrow for another Watercolor Wonder'ful' post.
from dara gloden
to julie warnick

5 comments:

  1. Such fun spring-y colors! LOVE the flower! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dani ... LOVE that flower!! I am SOOO happy I have a brand new package of this Watercolor Wonder DSP. It's so PURDY ... and you made TWO super-duper cards with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very pretty; love them! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I love your instructions, Elizabeth! I've never used a hammer to make a card, but it sounds like fun! Love your smashed flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you have WOW'ed me! That flower is awesome! Thanks for the tip on the bakers twine too...that's a must try crafting tip!

    ReplyDelete