Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pretty Amazing

Greetings Monday Montage Hoppers!  Today I am sharing a pretty autumnal hued card featuring the Amazing Birthday stamp set.  When I sat down to create I found myself totally inspired by a card crafted by Kimberly Van Diepen.  I seriously love her style and everything she posts on her blog.

I started with a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of Early Espresso card stock and then creased it in half for a top fold card.  A quick run through the Big Shot and the Modern Mosaic TIEF was added for some background depth and texture.  Next, I stamped the greeting image twice on Crumb Cake card stock with Bermuda Bay and Early Espresso ink pads.  I cropped a few pieces of the Bermuda Bay image and then layered them on top of the Early Espresso image.  Behind the Crumb Cake image I mixed in four complimenting ribbons of which I cut the 1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon with the Large Scallop Edgelit.  A gold mini clothes pin tied with Linen Thread and a row of Basic Pearls finished the Crumb Cake stamped piece and the card.
from dara gloden
to julie warnick







              Product List
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad*
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad*
[119670]

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your style, Elizabeth! You are simply masterful at taking little bits of this and little bits of that and making something absolutely gorgeous. I love all of the pretty details on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world can I say???? Love, love....and exactly what Amy said....I just love the pretty details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! I LOVE how you cut the Burlap Ribbon with the Edgelit!!! That was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore all of the creative ways you bring texture to a card. And this sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is simply AMAZING! I always love all of your creations! Such great texture and details!

    ReplyDelete